A Genetically Modified Organism (GMO) is an organism whose genetic material has been altered using genetic engineering techniques. GMOs in food and feed products are regulated in the European Union by specific laws, and for this reason they need to be monitored.
Free webinar on GMO in food and feed , 18 February 2021
In this webinar, Mérieux NutriSciences will give food operators a comprehensive overview on how to manage GMOs in the food and feed chain. The webinar will illustrate what are the GMOs, how they are regulated, the analytical strategies to monitor them, and the future challenges, through specific case studies that are commonly faced by food operators.
Presented by: Federica Cattapan – R&D Molecular Biology Manager, Mérieux NutriSciences Italia
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Food operators
- Feed operators
- People in contact with safety and quality companies in the food, feed and agriculture sectors
WHAT TO EXPECT?
- To learn what GMOs in food and feed are
- To understand which European Regulations rule GMOs
- To learn about the analytical strategies and the technical challenges
- To understand how to manage GMOs in the food chain
- To learn how to deal with concrete issues through specific case studies
GMO in food and feed: monitoring, management, solutions
18 February 2021, h: 11:00 – 12:00 (CET)