Indoor / Outdoor
Industrial activity can lead to environmental pollution in working and living environments due to chemical, physical or biological agents.
Thanks to a team specialized in industrial hygiene, Mérieux NutriSciences performs the analysis of various environmental factors that are fundamental for the monitoring of the quality of the indoor/outdoor environment in the industrial context for the purposes of health protection and the well-being of workers and the population.
All test are accompanied by their report: the team gathers the information obtained from the monitoring campaigns and put them into exhaustive reports that make the results readable and readily accessible.
Mérieux NutriSciences monitors and analyzes air and the pollution of indoor environments in its various forms.
- Phonometric tests
- Mechanical vibrations
- Tests on the microclimate
- Determination of microbiological contamination (bacteria, fungi, Legionella, etc.)
- Detection of the airborne microbiological components
- Evaluation of the microbiological components on surfaces
- Analysis of artificial mineral fibers and asbestos
- Sampling and analysis of organic contaminants (aromatic organic substances, chlorates, etc.) and inorganic contaminants (metals, acids, ammonia, aldehydes, etc.)
- Detection of odor concentration
- Environmental checks of possible pollution following remediation, fire, etc.
Environmental monitoring allows the risk assessment in work environments derived from exposure to various pollutants for purposes of workers’ safety and health.
In recent decades, air quality has been heavily influenced by industrial and civil activities that have caused a progressive deterioration: to curb it, international legislations have outlined targets of quality for pollutants, in relation to the protection of health, plants, and the ecosystem.
Mérieux NutriSciences performs sampling and analysis of biological agents present in the air, odorigenic substances (olfactometric tests), acustic impact, and chemical air contaminants:
- PM 10 and PM 2.5
- Carbon monoxide, nitrogen oxide, sulfur dioxide
- Benzene (VOC)
- Metals (lead, arsenic, cadmium, mercury, nickel)